Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What's For Dinner Wednesday

I planned ahead and prepared this post just like I planned dinner!  By the time you are reading this I will have had my protein shake and will be on the treadmill.  This working momma NEEDS a workout!

This week I made one of my favorites, but made it kid friendly:  Chicken Spaghetti

Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter (I used light)
1 cup chopped onion
14oz chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup (I used light)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I used light)
1 can Rotel drained (I used mild)
1/2 cup sour cream (I used light)
3 1/2 cups chopped chicken (I shredded one rotisserie chicken)
3 cups shredded monterrey jack cheese (I used reduced fat)
1 16oz box angel hair pasta (I brake the pasta in half before I cook it)

Directions
Cook pasta until al dente
Melt butter in a skillet and cook onions until they are tender
Dump broth, soup, sour cream, chicken, cheese and onions into a bowl, add onions
Drain pasta and add to bowl

Spread into a greased casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes

I serve this with raw broccoli and carrots because they are K and C's favorites and a salad for us.  Tonight Mr. G will be eating it with a salad, as I am looking forward to my protein shake and workout!  SERIOUSLY

SO that is what's for dinner.  I am thinking next week may just need to be dessert!


No comments: